Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wind = Power


The drive from Austin to Amarillo is long.  At about the halfway mark we pass the Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center near Sweetwater, which always cheers me up.  It is the largest wind farm in the world!  I've always been fascinated by the turbines and this trip I decided to take some pictures.  

If you ever drive through the area, I recommend stopping to take a closer look.  They are massive and you can actually hear the giant blades cutting through the air.  It is very cool.  This particular farm hits close to home for me because our entire campus at Apple (where I work) is powered by the Horse Hollow Project.  Liberal or Conservative, renewable energy is impressive.  Especially when it comes from TEXAS!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I have witnessed this scene many times when driving to Abilene. Sweet pictures. Brings back memories.